Residential Geothermal Systems in Massachusetts
EnergySmart is a full service geothermal company. We can design, permit and install residential geothermal systems for your MA home. We have installed over 150 geothermal heating and cooling systems in new construction and retrofits. We can troubleshoot existing geothermal systems, balance uneven heating and cooling, and improve ventilation and overall air quality.
Residential Geothermal Products & Applications in MA:
- Forced Hot Air
- Central Air Conditioning
- Domestic Hot Water
- Radiant Floor
- High Efficiency/High Output Baseboard Heating
- Specialty Radiant Products-Towel Warmers, Radiant Columns and Panels
We Offer the Following Geothermal Energy Solutions:
- Underground Injection Control Registration
- Well Installation Permits
- Heating and Cooling Load Calculations
- Duct Design and Routing
- Radiant Floor Design
- Fuel Oil Tank and Boiler Removal
- Plumbing Integrations
Benefits of Switching to Geothermal:
Geothermal Systems Pay for Themselves
- A return on investment (ROI) of 10% to 15% can be expected.
- When financed, positive cash flow can be realized immediately. Operating costs plus the loan payments can be less than what you were paying for oil, gas, or propane.
- No more oil, gas, or propane bills for heating.
- In areas without natural gas service, installing a geothermal system can be cheaper than bringing gas service to the house.
Geothermal Systems Improve Indoor Air Quality
- No carbon monoxide risk because there is no combustion.
- Fossil fuels are eliminated for heating. Gas and oil vapors are gone.
- Superior dehumidification during air conditioning season.
- Humidification can be added for dry winter months.
- High-grade and hospital-grade filtration systems available for those with pets, allergies, or health issues.
- Energy recovery ventilators can be integrated to conserve energy while providing fresh air.
Geothermal Systems Are Good for The Environment
- No more burning of fossil fuels for heating.
- Reduce your home’s carbon footprint by 30% to 50%.
- Eliminate the risk of an oil spill on your property.
- Minimize your contribution to the urban heat island effect by dissipating heat deep below the ground surface in the summer.
- Reduce vehicular traffic as a result of less oil deliveries to your neighborhood.
- Can be integrated with other renewable technologies like solar PV panels or solar hot water collectors.
Geothermal Can Improve Your Lifestyle
- Gain financial freedom by eliminating fossil fuel price volatility from your life.
- Be more comfortable more often by maintaining a constant temperature in your home year round. Goodbye 10 degree setbacks!
- Pay one less bill. Heating is now on your electricity bill.
- Service and maintain only one piece of equipment. One unit does both heating and cooling.
- Brag to your friends about how low your heating bill is with your new state of the art geothermal system.
- Geothermal is the only cost effective alternative to oil or propane when gas service is not available.
- Reclaim your backyard by disconnecting and removing your noisy outdoor air conditioner.
- Have better control over your home by using programmable thermostats and integrating with home automation.